Thursday, October 4, 2012

The Truth

"Dear Editor:
I have resisted writing because I do not want to give any legitimacy whatsoever to the hate blog that Norman Alderman has spawned. It has reached a point, however, where I feel I must speak out and encourage others to critically evaluate what they read. Alderman publishes half-truths, sensationalized information and misleads unsuspecting readers. I don't routinely read the trash, but occasionally people will urge me to look for myself.
The post that prompted my response is "The Secret Meeting." Stinkwell Tater (one of Alderman's alias names) has said he is trying to find out who was in attendance at a secret meeting at the Pretty Penny on the Friday before the Republican meeting in Hillsboro. I suppose he is talking about the well-publicized meeting held at the Pretty Penny on Tuesday, April 24. The April 19 Times published an invitation for all to attend "a conversation with the sheriff."
It was well attended and was a success, with many people asking questions and getting answers. The lies Alderman has printed includes that it was a "secret meeting" of Jonese's "thugs," and that it was intended to "plot" against a Republican magistrate candidate.
For those of you who attended the open, public meeting, how do you like being called "thugs?" Do you remember anyone plotting against a magistrate candidate?
It is clear that Alderman has an intense dislike for the sheriff and this loathing stems from Alderman's arrest for stalking and harassing a county commissioner. It also seems he did not learn anything from his arrest and time spent in jail. I feel he uses his blog to continuously bully, stalk and harass people in our county. If you get on his bad side, God help you, because your name will likely show up on the blog accompanied by anything he can print to make you look bad whether it is true or not. The really hilarious thing to me is that Alderman apparently believes himself to be a reporter.
I don't know what has happened to our society that we allow such trash to be disseminated.
For years Alderman has printed racist comments about my husband, myself and my children. My husband has been called "Chief Run-A-Muck," my daughters and I called "squaws" and my son a "brave." A recent anonymous poster on the site referred to my family as a "tribe."
In the correct context, these same words associated with Native Americans are not offensive. From my perspective it is clear, however, that Alderman uses these words with hate and hostility and their use is intended to be derogatory.
My family is very proud of our Native American heritage. His racist comments are especially hurtful as we have just had the first anniversary of the passing of the proud and wonderful man who gave us our American Indian heritage, Joseph Jonese. My father-in-law was a full-blooded Shoshone Indian. He served our country in the Army for 21 years and then served our county for 18 years as PCHS custodian, and was for many years the mascot for our mighty Warriors sports team.
Those of you who knew Joe, knew how very proud he was to be Indian, and how much he did to instill pride and spirit at PCHS. It sickens me that someone like Alderman is allowed to make openly racist comments about such a proud heritage.
We are not the only people he attacks. Daily posts on his blog target people he dislikes for whatever reason. The only reason I can think of as to why people do not stand up to him is because they do not want to appear on his site. In my opinion, he is a bully, a coward and fails to speak the complete truth, hiding in the shadows of the Internet. He will spew nasty comments on his blog, but when seen in public he hides behind his camera or tucks his tail and runs. It is truly a sad affair when a so-called "preacher" demonstrates this type of behavior and leaves his disgusting hate blog as a legacy. He hides behind his claim to being a man of the cloth, but honestly, I don't see how anyone with any amount of sanity could listen to him, much less support him.
I encourage anyone who reads the blog or hears about what is being said on the blog to carefully read and distinguish between what is fact and what may be fiction.
Cheryl Jonese "
http://www.pocahontastimes.com/column/letters-to-the-editor/2012/05/24/letters-to-the-editor

8 comments:

  1. Thank you Cheryl for stepping out of your comfort zone, and saying what needed to be said! May God Bless you and your family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for opening this blog......enough damage has been done from Norman's demeaning miserable blog... There are many many people who appreciate someone stepping up and finally giving those who have been slammed by his nasty comments. Norman has no regard to whom he hurts with his vicious lies..... nor the trouble he causes...I am very excited about those that can now express how sick and tired we are hearing or reading his babbling bs.....

    glad to spread the news and know the TRUTH will come out,.
    glad to see support in our county given to those sworn to protect us

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't mean this to be hateful but in my opinion Norman is mentally unbalanced. If some of his actions came out when he was a teacher he would never see the light of day.

    By his actions he has done more to harm the Co. then can even be imagined. Norman has a few groupies but they are very few.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am of the opinion that the people who read his garbage are just as guilty as he is. I went on there one time, several years ago when it was first started, and have never been back. This man thrives off of ANY attention, negative or positive. The community has no power over what he posts, but they do have power over what they choose to spend their time reading. This man is a coward that hides behind freedom of speech. It is the people who should leave him hidden.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Norman's latest on his blog is showing true colors for those that have been involved in the immature comments that are posted and even "edited". I can not understand anyone bashing their community and representitves. It really disturbs me that he hasn't bumped into the wrong situation and crossed the line... How can someone be so miserable they encourage and instigate, provoke and promote such hoorrible blogs with no disregard towards another being.

    ReplyDelete
  6. sometimes if you go on there it isn't hard to figure out who is supporting the trashy blog... it just makes me smile when they outed who they support for the election and also concerns me highly if those people are leaking out info,,like the"court house mole'. I hear that he has taken advantage of freedom of speech and can ot fight the federal goverment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. glad to see this sight was on topix...

    ReplyDelete
  8. People go to Alderman's blog for the same sort of reasons that they will run to watch a burning building or crane their neck to see an automobile wreck as they go by. It's not that they like what they are looking at, it's just human nature to look at such spectacles.

    ReplyDelete

The Truth About Pocahontas County